Regardless if you’re starting a new business, or have been in the industry long enough; having a company profile is of utmost importance. A quality company profile can help you land a memorable first impression on potential investors and clients. A well-written company profile also allows you to stand out from the crowd. Some sources say a company profile is similar to an individual CV, but for a brand.
However, we think it’s much more than that. Hence, let’s take a brief look at what is a company profile, and why it matters in benefiting your business or company.
What is A Company Profile?
A company profile is a professional introduction about your company, letting diverse groups of people get a general idea on what your products and services are; along with your unique strengths, track records and whether it is ideal to do business with you. On top of that, it is a summary of all the relevant elements and information about your company.
Existing and potential clients will view your company profiles. Besides that, investors, service providers, stakeholders, suppliers, financial institutions, business partners and customers also view them.
Hence, a company profile should not be underestimated as it speaks a great deal about your company, being on the frontline and representing your company’s professional image. With that said, a company profile is a powerful marketing tool to promote your business.
What is Included in A Company Profile?
Here’s a few examples of what can be included in a company profile. Aside from stating facts about the company, company profiles should go beyond that and stand out with its values, culture and meeting clients’ needs.
- Basic Company Information. This section includes basic information about your company from its name, the year it was established, where its location is, contact information and website URL (if you have any).
- Ownership and Management Team. You can break down who owns your business, how each owner is involved, what shares of the company belong to whom, and the key roles of the management team. It can also include names of the founders, partners, associates, executives, board members and more.
- Company History. What makes your company unique could be its startup history. You don’t have to put too much effort in this section, but do add some interesting details and personality if possible, especially when it relates to your company culture.
- Mission Statement and Future Goals. Your company’s mission statement should be included in your company profile as it serves as a purpose in identifying what the problem is and what your business strives to do to solve it. Future goals and vision can be included as well by having a brief description of some growth goals for your business. Where you are now, tells the reader a lot; but it’s good to let them know where you plan to go too.
- Products and Services. This section is where you can share more details on what products and services you offer and to whom you provide it. Give a general understanding of your business and products here.
- Highlights. You can also include additional highlights to note your achievements and accomplishments such as awards, certifications, special projects, testimonials or news and media recognition.
- Optional Items. You can include these optional items if you deem them as noteworthy for your business, such as your annual sales, financial targets, number of employees, and photographs.
Why Your Company Profile Matters
As mentioned, having a company profile is of utmost importance as it speaks so much about your company, serves as a powerful tool to promote your business, and stand out in this competitive world of business. Here are a few more pointers to let you know why a company profile matters so much to you and your company.
1. It Serves As A Great Marketing Tool
As mentioned, a quality company profile can invite pleasant first impressions. However, you don’t just want to have an excellent first impression, but you also want a lasting impression from your potential customers. Your profile should be designed to win and reach as many prospects as possible. With that said, you can leave a lasting impression on your customers’ mind by being available everywhere.
Your profile serves as an excellent marketing tool, in the sense where you can make your company profile visible across all platforms such as in physical prints and digital media like emails, websites and professional social networks such as LinkedIn. Not only does it benefit you, but it is also convenient for your potential clients to get all the information they need, all in one place.
2. Helps Your Company Stand Out
A company with its very own corporate profile can indeed stand out more than companies who don’t. That is because, through company profiles, you can deliver much information and assurance that you can meet your customers’ needs. If you do not have a company profile, where else can your prospects know about you, your products, services and the value you can give?
A well-designed, informative and engaging company profile is a bonus and can launch your business to greater heights with its uniqueness and creativity.
3. Build Brand Awareness and Credibility
Amidst the competitive world of business, your brand must stand out. One way to promote your brand to the public is by creating a company profile. Your company profile is useful in terms of sharing your powerful brand story to your potential customers.
When your brand is established, you can also gain the confidence and trust of your prospects. Business partners and customers will find your company credible through your competence among other businesses in the market. Having a well-thought-out and attractive branding can also attract more potential customers to explore your business and what you have to offer.
4. Give An Idea on Your Products and Services
A company profile is essential as it gives you the chance to tell your customers what your business is about; and what products and services you can offer. In other words, a company profile acts as a window to your company, giving business partners, customers and employees a look at what you offer and provide.
With innovative designs and engaging content, potential business partners and customers will have a higher chance in noticing you and your products among the other competitors out there. When that happens, a direct interaction can happen with the sales and marketing team of your business, as your contact information is also stated in the company profile.
5. Helps in Recruitment Process
Recruiting quality talent is on every business’ priority list. However, the competition is tough as every business owner tries to fight for the attention of these professionals. Here is where your company profile can set you apart and convince both clients and employees to do business with you.
A company profile can give these talents a quick look into your business and get an overall idea of what it’s like working with you. With that said, it is not just a profile you use once in a while, but a company profile is a fundamental document to show your credibility, gain confidence and invite people to work with you. When that happens, it would be much easier for the employees to make their decision based on what they can see and expect from you.
Tips to Create A Quality Company Profile
- Keep it Simple and Precise. Make sure your company profile is easy to understand and not too complicated. Also, ensure that the information you provide is concise, informative and not long-winded.
- Target Audience. Consider your target audience and their preference. It is ideal for preparing a company profile that is relevant to connect with your target effectively.
- Get Creative. Majority of people are visual learners. Hence, it’s time to get creative with your profile! You can make the relevant information interesting by adding graphics, engaging designs and attractive web design to attract potential clients and create strong impressions.
- Be Honest in Your Information. Make sure the information you listed out are correct and honest. It is better not to provide something that is only half-truths or boasting that could only lead to your company’s downfall when your results don’t match up. Be realistic, clear and straightforward in providing your company’s information.
- Go Beyond Your Product. Besides talking about your products and services, go beyond that by highlighting the values that customers can gain from doing business with you. It can be done through your company story-telling, or your mission and vision statement.
I Need Help With My Company Profile
We understand how intimidating it could be to prepare your very own company profile. After all, a memorable first impression of your business relies heavily on your company profile. With that said, you don’t have to fret too much and take everything into your hands. There are tons of creative and digital agencies waiting to lift your burdens!
One creative agency that you can rely on is Walk Production. Walk Production has been helping Malaysian companies to enhance their public image with professional and well-crafted company profiles. You can rest assured that Walk Production can help you produce an engaging company profile through creating the right corporate image, facilitate understanding and generate confidence from your potential clients.
So, what are you waiting for? Get started on your company profile with Walk Production for a service like no other! We’re not kidding; unlike other agencies, Walk Production offers a full corporate profile service which includes conceptualization, copywriting, design and printing.
We can’t wait to have you on board. Contact us here if you’re curious about what else we have to offer!