PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
We comply with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”). This Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) informs you how we use your personal data.
- We use your personal data to provide you with products and services which you request.
- We aim to continuously improve our products and services for you and will use your personal data to help us achieve this.
- We will take reasonable care to safeguard your personal data through security policies and secure business processes.
This Notice applies generally to all products and services provided by WP Media Sdn Bhd (consisting of all its subsidiaries and related corporations), which is referred to as “we”, “us” or “Company” in this Notice.
There may however be occasions where a different data protection notice will be applicable for a specific transaction, and we will notify you accordingly. Please read the terms of this Notice carefully before furnishing us with your personal data. By furnishing us with your personal data, you are indicating to us that you agree and consent to the terms and conditions of this Notice.
In respect of personal data of any Third Party Individual (defined below), you warrant that you have obtained the relevant consent from the Third Party Individual to furnish his/her personal data to us to process such personal data. You further warrant and undertake to furnish a copy of this Notice to the Third Party Individual before providing us with that Third Party Individual’s personal data.
How we collect your personal data
Directly from you. We collect personal data that you provide to us when you use any of our products, services, and website(s) or when you deal with us. This includes information that you provide:
- When you request for any services or purchase any products from us;
- When you perform a transaction or contract with us;
- When you fill in manual forms and submit them to us;
- When you deal with us over the telephone, through email, through our website(s) or in person;
- When you take part in our customer surveys, competitions, promotions or any other sales and marketing activity;
- When you use our services;
- When you visit our premises; or
- From correspondence you send to us including any enquiries or comments.
When you use our website. We may collect some information automatically when you access our website(s) including:
- Information about your use of our products and services, including your browser type, operating system, platform, IP address, cookies, language and region; and
- Search queries you conducted on our website(s), pages and advertisements you viewed and links you clicked on while using our website(s).
From third parties. We may ask third parties for personal data about you, for example, when we get authorisation for a payment you make using a credit or debit card, or to complete a credit or fraud check.
Corporate entities. Where we transact or contract with a corporate entity, that corporate entity may provide us with your personal data in connection with a transaction or contract. That corporate entity is responsible for obtaining your consent for disclosure of your personal data to us.
What personal data we collect
In this Notice, personal data is as defined in the PDPA to cover personally identifiable information. This includes:
- Your identification information such as name, identification number, gender, ethnic origin, nationality, date of birth, age and marital status;
- Your contact details such as address (residential, office or billing), telephone number(s), email address(es) and other contact details that you provide us from time to time;
- Your employment details such as your employer’s name, your position in the company, job description, the company’s address(es), telephone number(s), your professional credentials or qualifications;
- Your payment details such as bank account number and credit or debit card details;
- Transaction-related information, including sender’s and recipient’s identifying information and contact details as well as personal data of individuals given by corporate entities in connection with a transaction or contract;
- Recording of telephone conversations;
- Personal data of your spouse, dependents or other third parties (“Third Party Individual”); and
- Additional information that you provide us when you transact or deal with us or when you visit us.
Why we collect your personal data
- To provide you with products and services. Note that the personal data we require may vary between transactions;
- To verify your identity and to minimize the risk of unauthorized access to your personal data when you deal with us;
- To enhance and improve your experience with us generally. When you indicate your preferences by filling in our forms, through your use of our website(s) or when you contact or deal with us directly, we will use this personal data to personalize our products and services to better meet your needs;
- To provide you with information or notifications about products and services that we or our agents, contractors, employees, associate companies, business partners or professional consultants (“third party”) have selected and believe would be of interest to you (Please see the sections entitled “Who sees your data” and “Important information about opting-out”);
- To allow us to enforce our legal rights or to recover any debt owing by you to us;
- For security purposes when you visit our premises; and
- To ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Who sees your personal data
Your personal data may be used by us including our parent, subsidiary or related company. Who sees your personal data depends on the context in which you provided it and the purpose for which it is being used (Please see the section entitled “Why we collect your personal data”).
Your personal data may be disclosed or transferred to a third party. This may include outsourcing any of our business operations or functions to any third party within or outside Malaysia. We may do this for the following reasons:
- To provide you with our products and services or perform a contract with you. Some of our products and services are provided in conjunction or collaboration with certain third parties, and we will need to disclose your personal data to them to provide you with the products and services.
- To provide you with information or notifications about our products and services that we or third parties have selected and believe would be of interest to you.
- We may share your personal data with third parties (including the police and other law enforcement agencies) when we believe it is necessary to comply with the law or protect our or another person’s rights, property or safety. This includes exchanging data with third parties to protect against fraud and to reduce payment risks.
- We may share your personal data with regulatory bodies and agencies to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the potential seller or buyer of such business or assets.
Where we store and process your personal data
We generally store and process your personal data within Malaysia. However, the personal data that we collect about you may be processed in, transferred to, or stored at a destination outside of Malaysia.
How long we keep your personal data
This depends on the context in which you provided your personal data and the purposes for which we use it. Your personal data will be retained for as long as it is reasonably necessary for such purpose (Please see the section entitled “Why we collect your personal data”), or for such period as may be necessary to protect our legal interest.
Your rights to access and correct personal data
You may access, correct or update your personal data by contacting us (please see the section entitled “Enquiries”) and we will endeavour to comply with your instructions as required by law.
Your right to access your personal data is not absolute, and may be limited by the PDPA.
Important information about opting-out
The personal data that we ask you to provide may either be mandatory or optional, and may differ depending on the particular product or service. Mandatory personal data is information required for the processing of the transaction, or provision of products and services, or performance of a contract. Fields requiring mandatory personal data will be indicated in our manual forms and registration forms on our website(s).
If you choose not to furnish any mandatory personal data requested or wish to withdraw your consent or significantly limit the processing of your personal data, you agree that (notwithstanding any agreement between you and us) we shall be entitled to cease the provision of any products or services to you without incurring any liability whatsoever for any losses which you may suffer as a result of such cessation.
In relation to our website(s), some of the information will be gathered through the use of “cookies”. Cookies are small bits of information that are automatically stored on a person’s web browser in their computer that can be retrieved through the website. Such information, for example, may be a user’s password that is stored to avoid having to retype it during subsequent visits to a site. Should you wish to disable these cookies, you may do so by changing the setting on your browser.
Our website(s) may also contain links to other sites controlled by a third party. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We are not responsible for how these other companies or organizations collect, use, disclose, or secure the information that you provide them. This Notice applies solely to information collected by website(s) maintained by us.
Revisions to the Notice
Our Notice may be revised from time to time and if there is any revision, it will be posted on our website(s) and/or other means of communication deemed suitable by us.
If you have any enquiries or complaints concerning this Notice, please contact us at:
Email : [email protected]
Tel : 010-2213765
This Notice is made available in the national and English languages. In the event of any discrepancies, the English language version of the Notice shall prevail.
This Personal Data Protection Notice was last updated on: 01 January 2022